Competition 21-20 Case Aide Worker (Union position) - Cochrane
Temps plein • Cochrane Région
Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: CASE AIDE WORKER (Union Position)
LOCATION: Cochrane, ON – with travel throughout the district
STATUS: Full Time – 35 hours per week
SALARY: $42,132- $55,443 per annum
CLOSING DATE: March 2, 2021 at 4:30pm
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Program Supervisor, and as part of the Child and Family Services team, the Case Aide Worker is responsible for supporting the Service Team in the delivery of services to an assigned caseload of children and families within the 11 First Nations communities served by Kunuwanimano in accordance with the Child and Family Services Act in the province of Ontario
· Post-secondary diploma in a related field (social service worker, child & youth worker, etc.), also, relevant post-secondary diploma/certificate in office administration or equivalent; combination of education and experience within a human service environment may be considered.
· Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with a variety of internal and external contacts.
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
· Ability to speak a Native language will be considered a major asset.
· Must possess a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s license, a reliable vehicle and $2million rider liability insurance
· Must produce clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and Driver’s Abstract
· Must be able to work flexible schedule as position may include some evenings and Saturday’s
· Provides fair, equitable, respectful, and culturally relevant service to First Nations children and families, consistent with the vision, mission, and values of Kunuwanimano and subscribes to the organization’s values and complies with its’ By
· Law’s, Policies and Procedures.
· Arranges transportation for children at home or in care to attend a variety of appointments, visits, meetings and/or court.
· Ensures client records, documents, case recordings and case notes are up to date.
· Participates on a variety of internal committees and work teams as required.
· Provides support to members of the service team during the investigation of allegations of child abuse and/or maltreatment inclusive of conducting thorough records checks.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member and willing to assume duties as may be required or directed.
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package and opportunities for professional development.
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com/employment.htm, for posting details.A detailed job description is available upon request.Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com, by fax to 705 266-9122 or by mail to:
Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services
401 Cedar Street South
Timmins, Ontario, P4N 2H7
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.