Rockshield Engineered Wood Products -Mill Accountant
CDSSAB - ES -Cochrane
Temps plein • Cochrane Région
Position: Mill Accountant
Location: Rockshield Engineered Wood Products Cochrane, Ontario
Job Category: Full Time - Permanent
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Mill Accountant is responsible for reviewing AP batches, processing payroll and the collection, entry, analysis, and presentation of company operational and financial data to facilitate the daily decision-making process through all parts of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
General Accounting Duties:
· Prepare daily cash report by providing a weekly summary of deposits and payments
· Responsible for weekly dashboard reporting by providing analysis of operational functions to be presented to management
· Review and post AP batches created by AP Clerk
· Review and submit payments entered online into Bank portal
· Manage journal entries and reconcile accounts for the monthly and annual closings
· Prepare and upload monthly inventory count into accounting system
· Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
· Review the company's accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances with the help of the Controller
· Prepare additional analytical and financial reports as requested by management
· Back-up of AR, AP, Reception and Treasury duties
· Maintain strict confidentiality
· Verify the accuracy of data inputted into the time collection system through auditing data and analyzing any unusual items and making corrections where needed
· Responsible for receiving, complying with all legal assignments and garnishments payroll deductions and payments
· Maintain accuracy of hourly employee payroll records in ADP system such as vacation banks, allocations and any payroll adjustments
· Respond to employee inquires
· Process bi-weekly hourly payroll through ADP processing system
· Prepare payroll cycle for Controller to review and submit
· Prepare payroll journal entries
· Provide AP Clerk with invoices for Benefits, WSIB and Union Dues
· Review and reconcile balance owing from employee benefits
• Assist with payroll audit
· Submit to WSIB, the calculated premium amount
· Submit to local Union, the calculated union due amount
· Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Skills Requirement:
· Post-secondary degree/diploma in business
· Minimum 3+ years of accounting experience
· Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
· Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions and percentages to practical solutions
· Must have excellent communication skills with customers and employees at all levels of the organization
· Ability to coordinate projects and work with all levels of management
· Must be detail oriented and able to concentrate on tasks in an environment filled with distractions and interruptions
· Excellent typing and data entry skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft products; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
The ability to work positively with a team of professionals and technical people in a changing, creative and energetic environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type, sit at desk, climb stairs, and lift and carry small packages.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may bef made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works with a computer and may sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also expected to walk short distances and climb stairs. The work environment may be loud, damp and hot and/or cold.
Statement of Job Description:
· This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Ability to coordinate projects and work with all levels of management.
4 Boisvert Cres, Cochrane, ON P0L 1C0
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
L'emploi expire: 2023-05-06