Supervisor, Production Planer
Temps plein • Cochrane Région
About Rayonier Advanced Materials
Rayonier Advanced Materials is a global leader of cellulose-based technologies, including high purity cellulose specialties, a natural polymer commonly found in filters, food, pharmaceuticals and other industrial applications. The Company also manufactures products for lumber, paper and packaging markets. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,000 people and generates approximately $1.8 billion of revenues. More information is available at https://www.rayonieram.com.
Rayonier Advanced Materials’ intellectual property and manufacturing processes have been developed over 86 years, resulting in unique properties and very high quality and consistency. Rayonier Advanced Materials is consistently ranked among the nation’s top 50 exporters and delivers products to 79 ports around the world, serving customers in 20 countries across five continents.
ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM
Supervise all shift activities to obtain optimum productivity, quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness and maintain sound human resources management.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM
•Live up to RYAM’s values, principles and guidelines.
•Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment. •Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What RYAM expects you to do People
•Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
•Lead a motivated, efficient and engaged your team and provide career development opportunities.
•Coach and mentor employees to ensure maximum performance.
•Maintain a communications program to keep your team informed regarding mill and department priorities.
•Support compliance with collective agreement and sound union/management/employee relations.
•Report to the Superintendent, Production.
- Supervise section and site production operations where required by maximizing materials, labour and equipment use to achieve or exceed production and quality targets as well as financial objectives (cost control and reduction).
- Supervise, direct and coach employees to help them achieve their maximum level of effectiveness; identify and meet training needs pertaining to their job, health and safety and the environment.
- Ensure that product quality complies with specifications by making required inspections and working with the Customer Service and Technical Department to develop programs.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisors (mechanical and electrical) to ensure optimum performance and efficiency of shift maintenance work (mechanical and electrical).
- Identify, recommend and/or implement changes to improve production procedures, equipment performance, working conditions and product quality to increase the section’s efficiency.
- Review production, quality control, maintenance, downtime and statistical reports and work orders to ensure optimum planning of own activities.
- Ensure that employees comply with Company rules, policies, programs and procedures as well as all health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Perform all shift administrative duties (reports: production, maintenance, timesheets, accidents, performance, training employee turnover, environment, etc.) in compliance with the labour agreement in force.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Education: College degree in Maintenance Mechanics or Mechanical Engineer specialized in maintenance or equivalent experience
- Experience: 5 years in manufacturing business
- Bilingual: French and English