VCAO Counsellor / Community Development
Services de Counselling Hearst Kapuskasing Smooth Rock Falls
Temps plein • Cochrane Région
HKS Counselling Services is a Francophone community organization that strives to help improve the mental health, wellness and safety of its clients through quality care and services in both official languages. We are presently seeking a professional to join our team in Cochrane.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Title: VCAO Counsellor / Community Development
Type: Permanent, Full-time (35 hours per week)
Location : Cochrane Office
- Provide immediate support services to victims of crime and/or tragic circumstance, including but not limited to safety planning, needs assessment, financial assistance, make appropriate referrals to community partners, etc.
- Assist the VCAO supervisor with program priorities / projects (ex: promotion and awareness activities, planning events, etc.)
- Responsible to develop promotional tools, organize activities and community events to promote a violence-free community.
- Post-secondary diploma in Social Work, Psychology or other related field of studies.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a related field of work.
- Demonstrated competency in coordinating projects related to communications and promotion.
- Crisis intervention skills and providing support to victims of violence;
- Demonstrated abilities to manage stress and adapt to changing environment.
- Communication and public speaking skills in both official languages.
- Able to maintain positive relationships with community partners.
- Availability for scheduled on-call that could include evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual (French/English), written and spoken.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle is required.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows and Microsoft programs is an asset.
This position offers a competitive salary, benefits, and a great pension plan (HOOPP) according to the current collective agreement. All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application by Friday, March 31st, 2023, to the following:
M. Steve Fillion, M.S.S.
Telephone : (705) 335-8468
L'emploi expire: 2023-03-31